This workshop is an advanced sand tray therapy class within the play therapy setting. It will cover the brain science behind sandtray therapy and how this relates to working with clients in the sand. By the end of the training, participants will gain the specific skills and knowledge listed below.
Based on the content of this workshop, I am able to
1. Gain knowledge of the basics of brain structure, especially in how this relates to play therapy
2. Learn the tenets of interpersonal neurobiology in a play therapy setting
3. Review several case studies in terms of neuroscience integrating with play therapy
4. Understand how different ages work in the sand and play from a brain science perspective
5. Understand the effect of trauma on the brain and how this affects sandtray therapy
6. Learn 2 new techniques to help explain the brain structure to how working in the play and sandtray setting
Based on the content of this workshop, I am able to:
1. Learn the Poly-vagal theory and how this relates to play and sandtray therapy
2. Learn to interpret sandtrays based within brain science
3. Understand the importance of implicit vs explicit memories within therapy and play
4. Practice skills to enhance your work as a facilitator of sandtray therapy
5. Implement the tenets of brain science research into your work in the sandtray
Participants earn 12 CE’s (APT #13-342 and ACEP #6650).
This workshop is taken as part of the RIST program and has a prerequisite of Level 1: Introduction to Sandtray Therapy