This class is a two-day advanced class for those seeking further training in sandtray methods used in play therapy. Personal work will be used to practice sandtray techniques. This workshop will be focusing on understanding one’s own journey as a way to further appreciate the client’s world. Participants are encouraged to bring favorite miniatures as well as a journal. Sand trays will be provided.
Based on the content of this workshop, I am able to
1. Review and understand how the brain works through the sandtray and play therapy process
2. Discuss and review several personal case studies as well as those provided by the instructor within the play room
3. Discuss several case consolations provided by participants in the sandtray and play therapy room
4. Provide demonstration of personal work in the sandtray with the trainer and participants
5. Learn about the use of particular methods of sandtray work in the sand
6. Practice techniques in the sandtray and play therapy from both the client and therapist’s perspective.
1. Allow for a live demonstration of the sandtray process and play therapy with a non-participant
2. Discuss demonstration using clinical tools learned in the sandtray process the previous day
3. Allow participants to work within the sandtray and play therapy as both the therapist and client with the focus of personal growth
4. Provide feedback to participants about strengths/areas of improvement within processing of sandtray
5. Learn and understand the importance of personal work within the sandtray as a tool to becoming an effective therapist
6. Discuss how to incorporate sandtray and play therapy into other models of therapy
Participants earn 13 CE’s for this workshop (APT Provider #13-342 and ACEP #6650).
This workshop is taken as part of the RIST program, after levels 1 and 2 are completed.