Hey Fellow Sandtray Brethren!
As most of you know, last weekend was the second annual Sandtray Summit, hosted by the International Association for Sandtray Therapy...
and it was AH-MAZING!!
Even though we couldn't be together in person this year (thanks pandemic), we made the most of it and got to connect with experts in the field, fabulous speakers, sandtray and miniature vendors, and fellow sandtray nerds from all over the world!
** ^ Literally all of us feeling the sandtray vibes all weekend ^ **
So if you weren't able to be with us at the Summit, let me give you the run-down of some of the awesomeness:
- Special VIP day on Friday - those who signed up for this experience received extra-special marketing workshops, a trauma-informed yoga workshop, AND extra-special goodies in their swag boxes!
- TWO DAYS of online training and CE's in special topics with experts from across the globe including sandtray specific work with adults, children, special populations, cultural and spiritual issues, Internal Family Systems, trauma, addiction, Positive Psychology, documentation, regulation, and SO MANY MORE
- Powerful Keynotes from Amy Flaherty and Lisa Dion
- Access to Vendors with breakouts for exploring and purchasing unique miniatures and other vital tools and resources for growing your sandtray therapy practice
- Fun, Games, Prizes with daily raffles, photo competitions, BINGO, and the chance to win vendor gift certificates by finding our coveted Golden Tickets
- Swag - Swag Boxes were sent to the first 200 registrants, including a personal sandtray, miniatures to use (and keep) for the training, and a ton of other awesome goodies to help participants engage and have a blast throughout the long (but fun) days of virtual learning (Also, this is BY FAR the best box-o-goodies I've ever seen at a conference...check out THIS VIDEO of Lisa Dion unboxing hers!)
And perhaps the most amazing aspect of the Summit, and what makes this event SO incredibly special, is getting to learn in community with other therapists from all over the world, who share the same love and excitement for sandtray therapy that YOU do!
Want to know more about IAST and the awesome community you could be a part of? Keep reading to learn more!
Check out these shenanigans from Sandtray Summit 2020:
- Presenter Bianca Kisselburg shows off her completed Sandtray Lingo Bingo card!
- Even though we couldn't all be together in beautiful Disney Springs, as originally planned, Tonya Pearson Moore brought a touch of magic to the conference, having Mickey swing by their training space to spread some much needed Disney vibes!
- MVP Dana Smith showed off her rank for engaging in the Whova App!
New Board Member!
Carmen Jimenez-Pride has joined the IAST board to ensure that representation and diversity are honored in all aspects of promoting the practice of sandtray therapy. We are so excited to welcome her to the team!
Evidence Based Practice, Who Dis?!
IAST has been working diligently with the research committee and Research Chair, Jennifer Hayes PhD, LMFT, RPT, to bring you the International Journal of Sandtray Therapy!
This is the first journal of it's kind, promoting research and peer-reviewed practice techniques specific to the field of Sandtray Therapy!! This resource will be available to all IAST members!
Need more reasons to join this inclusive organization of extraordinary sandtray practitioners from around the world?! Check out the Benefits of Membership!
If you're ready to learn and train with the best in the field, join a community of likeminded therapists from all walks of life, and find a safe place to grow your knowledge and practice, it's time to check out this remarkable organization!
IAST isn't the only one making big announcements at the Sandtray Summit...we have one final surprise for you!
Amy and the team at Southern Sandtray have been dedicating MONTHS of their lives to bringing you a one-stop-shop for all things miniature!!
Miniature Madness is a BRAND NEW company that has all the amazing miniatures you need for your shelves, as well as education and information as to WHY these minis are beneficial, and how they might get utilized in the sandtray with your clients!
Click the banner to take you there...and feel free to stay awhile, because we all know...miniatures are our happy place!
That's it for today.
Keep checking back, we have exciting news coming next month about Southern Sandtray, ICST trainings, Sandtray Suite, and MORE!!
'Til next time,
- Nikki & The Southern Sandtray Team