Well, we've made it.
We are 1/12 of a way through 2021 and it seems a little like everyone is holding their collective breaths and thinking maybe "Ok, one down, let's keep going."
In my mind, it's a little like how it felt running the mile in 7th grade (and no I didn't WALK it) - just 5 more curves/straights, ok now just 4 more...
Am I jogging some memories?? (pun intended - HA!)
So, in today's edition of The Sandtray Ally, we're going to cover both the fun, entertaining parts of sandtray therapy as well as the dark parts that no one likes to talk about (but we do because we can do the hard things!)
If you're new to The Sandtray Ally, hang on because you're in for a ride!
Twice a month, you get a personalized letter from me with up-to-date information about the most important parts of being a sandtray therapist in 2021.
To kick it off, here's one of the funniest meme's I found around the Internet.
And in the words of Sheldon . . .
And yes, we'll be referencing Brene Brown today, along with several other important resources, so let's get to it!
As promised, here's your top 5 list of interesting/illuminating/fun links from the interwebs over the last couple of weeks.
- In our ever-increasing world of division across ideologies, it's important that we as therapists are able to hold many different ideas and opinions in our heads if we are able to meet our clients where they are. Of course, this doesn't mean we agree with all of the things, but the ability to see where a person is coming from and have compassion for them is an essential part of being a therapist.
Brene Brown and Barak Obama discuss how to do just this. Check it out here on Spotify Unlocking Us Podcast Regardless of your political beliefs, they discuss the HARD topics and ways to hold a dichotomy of beliefs in your head (and stay sane.)
- Wondering about the next pandemic? This Forbes article argues it will be Mental Health Therapist burn-out. Sound like you? Read about what our fellow mental health thearpists are going through and what can be done about it HERE.
- I received my second vaccination this week. Maybe you're struggling with the ethics of taking your spot in the vaccination line (as opposed to letting it go to the more 'high-risk' members of our society). If this is you, check out this opinion piece from The New York Times arguing why it's MOST ethical to get your vaccine when it's offered.
- Love all things miniature?? I found a HUGE Facebook group (almost 60k members) this week solely dedicated to all things mini! It's fascinating to check out so many regular folks' obsession with miniatures, Click HERE for your invite to this Facebook group that will quickly become one of your top Facebook groups in your News Feed.
- And because I know you want even more miniature-related info, I found a TikTok channel dedicated JUST to making miniatures. Check out this video where the creator gives a brief tutorial about how to make custom books for your miniature collection.
And we're continuing with the miniature-envy ya'll!
Check out some cool minis you can purchase for your miniature collection.
Most of these are from our very own Miniature Madness store, but some do come from one of our favorite specialty miniature stores, Momma Owl's Minis.
Interested in purchasing the minis?
Simply click on the pic below to grab yours before they are all gone!
Ya'll- we just closed enrollment Thursday night and we had the BIGGEST group ever join us for both the ICST program and the Sandtray Suite.
This week, our Southern Sandtray team will be busy welcoming over 320 sandtray therapists from all over the world as they increase their confidence, clarity, and connection.
Maybe you're kicking yourself because you didn't jump in while you you could??
No worries - we'll be opening enrollment again in June.
Get notified by clicking on the RED button below
One more thing you're going to want to get in on...
Miniature Madness is sharing the love all month long through sandtray collabs, giveaways, contests, etc.
We're pumped about the surprises and new minis coming to you all month long!
Thats it for today fellow sandtray nerds!
Hope you have a wonderful week.
Look out! I'll land AGIAN in your inbox in just 2 weeks.
Jeopardy Quiz: The Question is -- What is the difference between sandplay and sandtray therapy?